This coming Sunday August 2, 2020. Pastor & First Lady Turner will Celebrate their 45th Wedding Anniversary. We are inviting you to show some love with a card, a poem or love gift. All expression should be left with an Usher Upon Arrival to Sunday Service or can be sent to them personally or left in the church office.
Please join us in showing our Pastor and First some Love.
Closing / Cancellations
The Building will be Closed until Further Notice
Letter From The Pastor
Greetings In the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
I pray that you and your family are well and have not been overcome by the challenges of COVID-19. We thank you for your continued patience as we navigate through these times as a church.
As you are likely aware, we have not had regular church service since the end of March. Your health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. We have been attentive to the recommendations of medical professionals, as well as state and local government guidelines. Our surmission is that the building remain closed for worship services until we feel that conditions for reopening will be conducive to the highest level of safety for you and your families.
Moving forward requires that we interact and worship with one another in ways that are different than we have in the past.
- On-Line “LIVE STREAMING” each Sunday morning at 11:00 am and is accessible all day.
- Sunday School Classes via Conference Calling or Via Zoom Video Conferencing, 9:00 am
- Tithes and Offering via online giving; PayPal, Givelify, USPS or On-site from 9:30 to 12:30. (Sunday)
- The office hours remain the same Mon-Fri 10 to 3 pm. Please note however, the Administrator is only in the office, M/W/F with remote office hours T/TH should you need her. You may leave a message and your call will be returned.
Sincerely, Pastor, Phil M. Turner
Parking Lot Worship Service
Scheduled to begin on
Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:00 am
We are happy to announce our On-Line Worship Services in the Parking Lot. The first Parking Lot Worship Service is scheduled to begin on Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:00 am. This means that you can come to the church, stay in your car; while viewing the service, and hear the presentation via radio frequency.
With your well-being of the utmost concern to us, here are some things you will need to know to help guide you in your decision to join us for “Drive In Services”:
- If you have any of the following conditions you are at risk: high blood pressure, heart and lung disease, upper respiratory deficits , undergoing chemotherapy, or other medical treatments, have had any recent surgeries, have open wounds, have a persistent cough, are diabetic, suffer from migraines, have loss of taste, have a cold, a runny nose, a fever, suffer from migraines, or just feeling unwell, you are at risk.
- You will need to wear a mask or have it close by at all times as you will encounter others.
- Please note your risk is higher if you are 60 and older.
- The restrooms will be available with social distancing monitoring in effect; (6 ft apart).
- Please bear in mind that your windows will be rolled down for directions on where to park, to receive communion elements, to pay your tithes and offerings and to assist you in any way that you need assistance from the car.
Finally, above all else Trust God. I want to encourage you to keep God and His word in your thoughts and mind always. I leave you with this word: If you say, “The Lord is my refuge, and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent”. For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. Because He loves me, says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” Psalm 91:9-16 NIV
"The following work has been completed professionally at the church; The nursery carpet has been cleaned and the room sanitized, the pews in the choir stand and the sanctuary cleaned 100%, the carpet in the sanctuary and pulpit area has been cleaned 100%, the narthex carpet cleaned 100%, both Pastor Turner's office and Rev. Hodge-Davis' office has been sanitized and the carpet cleaned 100%, The tables and chairs in the fellowship hall has been cleaned 100% and the floor in the fellowship hall will be stripped, cleaned, waved, and sealed starting Tuesday May 12th."
BBC Resource Room
Open from 9:00 AM - 11:30 Sundays only
(Closed till Further Notice)
Tapes of the previous week(s) sermons can now be purchased in our Resource Center.
Other items available: Books, Journals, T-Shirts, and other Bethany apprarel...
Please join us for Prayer Weekly on our Prayer Lines:
Mon & Friday 5:15 am
1(712) 770 5600 passcode 168835#
Tues & Thursday 6:00 pm 1(605)475-4700 passcode 771929#
Sunday School Conference Call
Sunday School will be done via phone conference. All calls will begin at 9:45 am
Please check with your teacher if there is a change in start time. Below are the lead classroom teachers name and the conference number along with the pin
Please spread the word to those who may not be online.
- Taiwo Kehnide -- Dial in 1 605 472 5242 access code 626544
- Rev. Howard Jackson-- Now meeting on Zoom: Meeting ID: 865-5405-8683 (Please Note: For those without Zoom may call in for this class at: 1-929-205-6099
- Rev. Grace Kelley-Neal: Dial 1-848-777-1212 - Access Code 00149
- Deaconess Sedalis Brown-Harrison/Rick Johnson: Dial 1-605-475-4700 Access Code 771929
Children's Church lesson will be added each week to the Bethany Beacon on Facebook