|Health & Wellness Ministry |
Many serious eye diseases have no symptoms and can only be detected through a comprehensive eye exam. The good news is that 75% of vision loss is preventable or treatable.
Here are a few tips:
- Adults19-64 should have an eye exam at least every two (2) years (or every year if you have diabetes or a condition that your doctor needs more frequent eye examinations).
- Computer Vision Syndrome can cause blurred vision and headaches. Take a break every 20 minutes and focus on something at least 20 ft. away.
- Children should have a complete optometric eye exam at six months, before starting kindergarten and then annually throughout the school-aged years.
- Seniors, age 65 and older, should have an eye exam at least once a year.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle by keeping active, eating healthy and not smoking can all help prevent vision loss and common eye conditions.
“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eyes are sound, your entire body will be full of light.” (Matt. 6:22 AMP)